11 Spiritual Love Quotes to Reignite Your Soul
1. Love is… To let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves, we find in them.”- Thomas Merton
This is a lesson I’ve learned over and over. It really started to sink in an experiential level after dedicating myself to achieve actual self love.
I noticed the more I loved myself, the less I wanted to change my loved ones. It naturally became an unconditional love, without expectations. It is only possible to fully love another after we learn to fully love ourselves.
2. Real love is not an escape from loneliness, real love is an overflowing aloneness. One is so happy in being alone that one would like to share. – Osho
We have all yearned for love when we have feelings of lonliness but to love being alone with Self is a truly satisfying place to experience love from. It is an energy of giving rather than taking to be filled by someone else.
3. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
The more we let go of limiting beliefs, ideals, and judgements, the more we are left with only deep love and compassion. It is natural for us to be love. The more I am able to feel vulnerable and open, the more love I feel flowing inside. As a result, this love flows out into the world.
4.“In this world, it is too common for people to search for someone to lose themselves in. But I am already lost. I will look for someone to find myself in.” – C. JoyBell C.
6. “Take life easily, lovingly, playfully, non-seriously. Seriousness is a disease, the greatest disease of the soul and playfulness the greatest health. – Osho
To be playful is an act of love. Just look at children, dogs, and kittens. There is no denying the presence of love when you watch this type of playfulness.
7. “… it’s a blessed thing to love and feel loved in return.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
It is so often easy to take our loved ones for granted.
We place such a priority on becoming successful in our careers and acquiring more stuff. We become so busy rushing around, we don’t take the time to stop to notice our spouse or children right in front of us.
Perhaps, our child spent all morning working on a picture story to share with us, but we rush out the door.
Our spouse took the time to cook our favorite breakfast and we forget to thank them. Love is all around us but we don’t stop to appreciate it.
We forget all of the people in the world that don’t have it or have lost it. If you have love in your life, take the time to be in gratitude for every single moment.
8.”A heart that loves is always young.” – Unknown
Love is the elixir of youth. Being in love can give us an ageless feeling.
We laugh more and embody a new kind of radiance. It can make us feel Eternally young.
When we embrace this inside, we can tap into the invincibility of our soul, remaining in this state perpetually.
9. “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” -Mother Teresa
Simple acts of sharing love can alter our entire existence softening even the hardest hearts.
10. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” – J.K. Rowling
Love is a universal language understood by all. It is the only place to authentically connect.
When we do connect in love, we realize there is no separation and never has been.
The only separation in race, religion, political views, gender, etc…is the self-created separation in our own minds.
It is our limitation not “theirs.” The sooner we “get” this the sooner our world will change for the better. This will NOT happen from a place of blame, or seeing only imperfection in others.
11..”Greet each day with an open heart and amplify the vibrations of love in the world.” – Unknown
Our only job is us. We are not here to fix other people.
Judging others will only breed more judgement most likely directed at ourselves.
The only way to make a difference is to acknowledge what is inside us.
We have a choice to stay open and unguarded. We have a choice to meet the world with love or hatred (fear).
We only show OUR OWN weakness by choosing hatred or fear.
It is a joke to think otherwise. When we step out of ignorance long enough to make a higher choice, we see this to be true.
The power is within you. What will you choose right now?
Thanks for reading. Please click the button a the top to subscribe to more great posts.
P.S. I would love your feedback. Please comment below.
Also, if you’ve experienced feeling stuck in the past or symptoms of anxiety, visit Work With Misha.