Are You an Empath?
Have you wondered why it is so difficult to be in crowds or around others?
Do you feel overly sensitive?
Do you feel quickly drained in the company of others?
You may be an Empath.
Below are traits shared by Empathic people. If you experience these on a regular basis, you more than likely are an Empath and you are not alone.
1. You will feel emotions constantly. You tend to take on the feelings of others as your own. You can tell how someone is feeling and even thinking. You often can feel others from a distance as well.
2. You pick knowledge by inference. You will know when someone is not being truthful. If someone is saying one thing and thinking another, you know. You may have done this since childhood, which could prove confusing when it was a parent that was not being completely truthful. You may have learned to ignore this as a coping mechanism.
3. Taking on physical symptoms of someone else. It is what is called sympathy pains, but you may do it on a regular basis. You may run others ailments through your system automatically, feeling colds, flus, stomach upsets etc. You may do this just by being close to someone and not even know it.
4. Being in public places can be overwhelming: Places like schools, stores or large gatherings. You may feel others’ emotions, whether negative or positive. You may also feel the energy of their thoughts, especially if they are pointed at you directly. Large events can be extremely challenging because of this.
5. It can be unbearable to see violence, tragedy or any type of cruelty even on TV, Movies, Tabloids or Newspapers: for the highly attuned Empath you may eventually have to stop watching TV and reading newspapers altogether.
6. You may just know things without being told or having a reason. It is more than a gut feeling or intuition. It does not require belief. It is just a matter of truth. You may know the intentions of a stranger without them even speaking.
7. Empaths will commonly have digestive issues or lower back problems: They most often feel incoming emotions of others in their 3rd chakra, in the center of the abdomen. If this is not cleared regularly, it can become weak, leading to stomach problems. If an empath is not in touch with their gifts, they can be ungrounded, which leads to lower back problems. It is very important to continually ground.
More of the Best Articles by Category:
8. Nurturing or taking up for those that are suffering or in need. The empath feels what others feel so if someone is suffering, it most certainly grabs the attention of the empath.
9. Always the listener. You may find that strangers tell you very personal issues. They can also dump their problems on you because you may take their problems away (literally), by taking it on as yours. This is another reason grounding and clearing is important. You do not want to be an emotional sludge receptacle for others.
10. You may feel chronic fatigue. Empaths can unknowingly give their vital energy away to energy vampires or just take on everyone else’s stuff. This is not something that sleep will cure.
11. You may have an addictive personality. Many empaths turn to alcohol, drugs, food, sex, or other addictions to escape the constant flow of emotions and information. Although this seems to feel better at first, it can actually cause more of a portal for toxic sludge of others coming into your energy field.
Addiction can cause you to let your guard down and become even more ungrounded, inviting more foreign energy in. This will take more work to reverse.
12. Creative: From singing, dancing, acting, drawing or writing an empath will have a strong creative streak and a vivid imagination.
13. Many Empaths are drawn to become healers. They sense the imbalance inside and are determined to correct it. On some level they know that they are meant to work with energy and spirit realms to bring balance on the energetic level.
14. Love of nature and animals: Being outdoors in nature is a must for empaths and pets are an essential part of their life.
15. Empathic children need a lot of solitude and will demand it. This is essential for the empath. They must regroup, ground and center in their own energy. They can easily become lost in other’s energies so being alone and quiet helps bring clarity.
I hope this has helped you understand a little more about how you fit into this world. There are many of us out here. Stay tuned for more helpful articles on learning to use these gifts for a more fulfilled life.
Please visit my recommended PRODUCTS PAGE for more information on how to make a difference once and for all.
P.S. I would love your feedback. Please comment below.
Also, if you have experienced feeling stuck in the past or problems moving forward in a bigger way, visit Work With Misha